Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fight or Flight?

Dan is in town for the next couple of days. I figured he wouldn't even initiate trying to see me. Over Thanksgiving he actually did mention wanting to get together. That was unexpected. 

I figured he would say this and knowing Dan he would blow me off every chance he had while in town. 

I wasn't going to contact him, I was waiting for him to make the initial move. Juvenile I know. He texted me last night asking to meet up at our usual place tonight. I complied. Tonight when I asked when he wanted to meet up he said he was downtown with some friends and would probably stay the night. 

I am an understanding person so I totally get him wanting to hang out with his friends, but am I at all surprised this happened? Of course not. Not like this hasn't happened numerous times before or anything.

I thought of the idea that when in a situation one either fights or flights. With me and Dan, I fight for what I want, him, while he flights, all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment